Greetings from Courtnee Rex, LMT (MA60035095) and welcome to Artful Touch (est. 2008), offering medical massage and Somatic Unwinding® sessions by walk-in and appointment from 10am to 8pm Tuesday - Saturday in the St. Helens/Theater District of Tacoma, WA.
- Located in the Passages building, 708 Broadway (near McMenamins Elks Temple)!
- Session rates range from $60 for 30 minutes to $150 for 90 minutes
- Payment options include CA$H, Check, Square, Venmo, Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Amex.
- Cancellations of less than 24 hours notice incur a $60 flat fee.
- Scheduling is done by Contacting Courtnee directly
- Near the 2, 3, 48, 500, 501, 594 bus lines, Theater District and Convention stations, and the Lakewood Sounder train.
- Street Parking is mainly limited to 2 hours, and costs $1 per hour. There are free 2-hour spaces just north of the Passages building on Broadway, if you're feelin' lucky.
As a health practitioner, I know the human body as a remarkably wise, creative machine which is consistently (and often seemingly invisibly!) responding to the stressors enforced upon it, including from within. As such, I approach a clients presented pain or dysfunction not as an isolated pathology, but as an exceedingly intricate system of many clever and correct-at-the-time adjustments that one has made in order to adapt.
I view my role as an allied investigative collaborator, facilitating ones own experience of themself in their bodies and in the present moment. Even when passive or in unconscious ways, I view the role of my client as an active and empowered participant in their development, recovery, and self care.
Research findings suggest massage therapy to be most effective in circumstances of pain management, and addressing anxiety and depression. Anecdotal evidence is far more robust, including postural and structural improvements, accelerated healing of acute and chronic injuries, enhancing quality of life, and a host of countless other successful applications in which we are not quite sure why massage works.
With the help of my strengths, I employ guided exploratory practices including breath work and relatable visualizations to engage ones curiosity, subjective perception, and felt senses as we collaborate.
Maneuvering the space between a peer reviewed, highly-scrutinized brand of (un)certainty, and communicating with the beautifully complex mystery of our bodies innate restorative capacity, I utilize evidence-informed techniques to respectfully invite ones limiting patterns to be recognized, and unwound.